Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Our "Neighbors" Came to Visit

We had some visitors over the Labor Day weekend. I was in the kitchen making cookies and happened to look out the window and spotted our local white tail deer right at our backyard fence. Needless to say I was trying to find my camera and be quiet so that I could get some shots. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get outside because I didn't want to scare them off. Ty and I counted a total of 8 with 5 does, two fawns who still have their spots, and a young buck. It was pretty neat and reminds of us of how lucky we are to be back in the country. However, since Ty made a trip to back end of our property over this past weekend with his chainsaw to clear the brush out of the fence I'm pretty sure that they won't be back for a while. That and he fixed the hole that they were coming through. Apparently they had quite a trail!

It was kinda hard to take pics out the window and through the rose bush and tree, but somehow I managed to get it done!
As for Ty's fence fixing- not only because it was something that had to be done- we're getting ready to get some goats to help with the weeds and undergrowth out in the pasture. We should be picking them up this weekend so stay tuned for more on that...

No comments: